Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Mon September 10, 2012
Former Dean of the UO School of Music is Murdered
The former dean of the University of Oregon School of Music was killed Friday along with her boyfriend. Lane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call at their home south of Eugene and found Anne Dhu McLucas and James Gillette.
Anne Dhu McLucas was an author and semi retired professor of ethnomusicology. She was also an avid hiker and skier. U of O Assistant Professor of Music Marian Smith says McLucas was her colleague and friend.
Smith: "And I knew her as a scholar. She was a brilliant scholar. I knew her as a teacher. She was a wonderful teacher. She was a doting grandmother. She had three little grandchildren in Boston. And she leaves so many gaps because she lived so many lives and she will be missed by so many people."
McLucas was 71. Her boyfriend James Gillette was 73. Gillette's 37-year old son Johan Gillette has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder. The Lane County Medical Examiner has yet to release the cause of death.
Copyright 2012 KLCC.