Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Former ambassador Ryan Crocker arrested for DUI in Wash.
SPOKANE – Former U.S. ambassador Ryan Crocker is facing hit-and-run and intoxicated driving charges in Washington state.
Washington State Patrol Trooper Troy Briggs said the 63-year-old Spokane native was arrested on Aug. 14 in Spokane Valley. Briggs said he did not immediately have further information.
KXLY-TV reports that Crocker struck another car while driving a 2009 Ford Mustang convertible. The station cited the ticket from the arrest, which did not specify his blood-alcohol level.
Crocker pleaded not guilty in court the next day. His lawyer, Julie Twyford, did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press on Thursday.
Crocker retired last month after serving as ambassador to Afghanistan. He previously served as ambassador to Iraq under President George W. Bush.
Threatening the president