Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 22, 2013
Fire Near Leavenworth 10 Percent Contained
A wildfire burning near Leavenworth is about 10 percent contained, but firefighters are keeping a wary eye on temperatures expected to climb into the 90s.
The Eagle fire covers 1,186 acres and is located about 5 miles northwest of the Bavarian-themed village of Leavenworth.
Fire spokeswoman Robin DeMario said Thursday that about 30 homes remain under mandatory evacuation notices.
She says the fire has not burned any homes.
Fire crews used helicopters to drop water on the fire on Wednesday and made progress in containing the blaze.
DeMario says the hot and dry conditions forecast for Thursday could produce an increase in fire activity.