Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 14, 2011
Fire crews reach 80 percent containment on Satus Pass fire
GOLDENDALE, Wash. — Fire crews are estimating a wildfire north of Goldendale is 80 percent contained.
The fire burned 3,626 acres near Satus Pass, including more than 100 structures. Fire management officials said in a statement Wednesday that brisk winds the previous day tested fire lines, but those lines held.
Cooler temperatures and higher humidity levels are expected in the region through Friday.
About 720 firefighters are still assigned to the fire, but most of those people are expected to be transferred off the fire in the next two days. A smaller management team will take over the blaze on Thursday.