Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Fri November 9, 2012
Finally! Sounders move on to 2nd round of playoffs
The fourth time’s the charm. After three years of losing in the first round, the Seattle Sounders are moving on to the second round of the Major League Soccer playoffs.
The Sounders beat Real Salt Lake Thursday night 1-0 to move on to the Western Conference final. They will face the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday in California in the first of two games. Game 2 will be in Seattle Nov. 18.
KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says the dramatic 1-0 win relieves a lot of pre
ssure on the Sounders.
“They've had this huge fan base, highly successful team, great regular seasons but they never delivered in the postseason. Until this game against RSL - the team that beat them in the playoffs last year. So, I think there's a good chance the Sounders can play a lot more relaxed after getting this must win out of the way."
You can read more about the Sounders' big win at Sportspress Northwest.