Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Fri November 9, 2012
Finally! Sounders move on to 2nd round of playoffs
The fourth time’s the charm. After three years of losing in the first round, the Seattle Sounders are moving on to the second round of the Major League Soccer playoffs.
The Sounders beat Real Salt Lake Thursday night 1-0 to move on to the Western Conference final. They will face the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday in California in the first of two games. Game 2 will be in Seattle Nov. 18.
KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says the dramatic 1-0 win relieves a lot of pre
ssure on the Sounders.
“They've had this huge fan base, highly successful team, great regular seasons but they never delivered in the postseason. Until this game against RSL - the team that beat them in the playoffs last year. So, I think there's a good chance the Sounders can play a lot more relaxed after getting this must win out of the way."
You can read more about the Sounders' big win at Sportspress Northwest.