Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
News & Music Contributors
Military tanker crash
Sun May 5, 2013
Fairchild AFB airmen killed in Kyrgyzstan crash
The Department of Defense says the three airman killed in the crash of a military tanker refueling plane in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan were from Fairchild Air Force Base.
The airmen were assigned to the 93rd Air Refueling Squadron at the Washington Air Force base.
They died May 3, near Chon-Aryk, Kyrgyzstan, in the crash of a KC-135 aircraft.
Killed were: 27-year-old Capt. Mark T. Voss of Colorado Springs, Colo., 27-year-old Capt. Victoria A. Pinckney of Palmdale, Calif., and 30-year-old Tech Sgt. Herman Mackey III of Bakersfield, Calif.
The military says the cause of the crash is still under investigation.