Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Military tanker crash
Sun May 5, 2013
Fairchild AFB airmen killed in Kyrgyzstan crash
The Department of Defense says the three airman killed in the crash of a military tanker refueling plane in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan were from Fairchild Air Force Base.
The airmen were assigned to the 93rd Air Refueling Squadron at the Washington Air Force base.
They died May 3, near Chon-Aryk, Kyrgyzstan, in the crash of a KC-135 aircraft.
Killed were: 27-year-old Capt. Mark T. Voss of Colorado Springs, Colo., 27-year-old Capt. Victoria A. Pinckney of Palmdale, Calif., and 30-year-old Tech Sgt. Herman Mackey III of Bakersfield, Calif.
The military says the cause of the crash is still under investigation.