Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Military tanker crash
Sun May 5, 2013
Fairchild AFB airmen killed in Kyrgyzstan crash
The Department of Defense says the three airman killed in the crash of a military tanker refueling plane in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan were from Fairchild Air Force Base.
The airmen were assigned to the 93rd Air Refueling Squadron at the Washington Air Force base.
They died May 3, near Chon-Aryk, Kyrgyzstan, in the crash of a KC-135 aircraft.
Killed were: 27-year-old Capt. Mark T. Voss of Colorado Springs, Colo., 27-year-old Capt. Victoria A. Pinckney of Palmdale, Calif., and 30-year-old Tech Sgt. Herman Mackey III of Bakersfield, Calif.
The military says the cause of the crash is still under investigation.