Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sun June 23, 2013
Eric Verlinde Quartet in concert on Jazz Northwest, June 23
Pianist and composer Eric Verlinde leads a quartet in an Art of Jazz concert on the next Jazz Northwest on Sunday, June 23 at 2 PM. The concert highlights come from a monthly series presented by Earshot Jazz at The Seattle Art Museum. Joining Eric Verlinde in this concert are Thomas Marriott, trumpet and flugelhorn, Dean Schmidt, electric bass and Jeff Busch on drums.
Eric Verlinde grew up in the Seattle area and has become a valuable sideman and accompanist for others as well as a leader at jam sessions, but this concert provides a welcome opportunity to showcase his own music. He is also featured in the cover story of the current June issue of Earshot Magazine (above).
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.
For more info: