Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
You might notice
Fri July 15, 2011
Emergency drill today at Sea-Tac Airport
The Port of Seattle plans an elaborate emergency drill for Seattle-Tacoma International Airport today but officials stress it is only a drill and will not affect any regular air travel.
The exercise will simulate two separate fictional scenarios — including a flight that is seized by a hostage taker and a mass injury situation. Dozens of King County-area police and fire agencies are expected to participate.
KOMO says the westernmost runway will be closed during the exercise. The other two runways will be open as normal.
The drill is set to begin at 6 a.m. and last through at least noon.