Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
You might notice
Fri July 15, 2011
Emergency drill today at Sea-Tac Airport
The Port of Seattle plans an elaborate emergency drill for Seattle-Tacoma International Airport today but officials stress it is only a drill and will not affect any regular air travel.
The exercise will simulate two separate fictional scenarios — including a flight that is seized by a hostage taker and a mass injury situation. Dozens of King County-area police and fire agencies are expected to participate.
KOMO says the westernmost runway will be closed during the exercise. The other two runways will be open as normal.
The drill is set to begin at 6 a.m. and last through at least noon.