Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed March 27, 2013
Easter Peep show draws hundreds
There are Peeps diorama contests held all across the nation, not least of which is that sponsored by the Seattle Times. Here, take a look. This year's contest attracted hundreds of entries. As Nancy pointed out, it's perfectly possible that these Peepsle have too much time on their hands. Some fun, huh?
Peeps are not just for Easter anymore. There's Halloween Peeps, Christmas, even Valentine's Day versions. Whether or not you're interested in actually eating something which lists carnauba wax as an ingredient is not the point anymore. We're talkin' art here!
"On average, 5.5 million peeps are born each day."
-- The Peeps Peeple