Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
News & Music Contributors
Sun February 3, 2013
East-West Alliance on Jazz Northwest
Seattle musician Jay Thomas frequently performs in Japan and has become friends with numerous musicians there with whom he has performed and recorded. A new release by this "East West Alliance" presents Jay in Japan with his friends and the CD is sampled on this week's Jazz NW. There's also music by Vern Sielert’s Dektet, Kelley Johnson, Douce Ambiance (a string trio), some Latin jazz with Lary Barilleau and much more, including recommendations for live jazz in the coming week.
Jazz Northwest surveys the regional jazz scene each Sunday afternoon at 2 pm Pacific. Jim Wilke is host for the program which airs on 88.5 KPLU and simultaneously streams to the internet and is available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.
Jay Thomas Quartet and Kelley Johnson perform at the Jazz Vespers at Seattle First Baptist Church in Seattle this Sunday at 6 pm.