Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Tue September 18, 2012
'Drive-by tomato' attacks on Democrats' buildings in Washington
VANCOUVER, Wash. — Clark County supporters of President Barack Obama and Democrats have been getting tomatoes thrown at them.
The Columbian reports the Vancouver Education Association saw its third episode of a tomato attack on Monday. Vancouver Education Association president Courtney Eyer says police think the suspect is a man who rides a bicycle and has been throwing tomatoes at buildings where campaign signs for President Barack Obama have been posted.
Earlier this month, someone distributed a letter in the Minnehaha that stated a few people threw tomatoes on the roof of a neighborhood home that had an Obama sign in the yard. Republicans have also seen their share of vandalism.
Clark County GOP Chairwoman Stephanie McClintock says someone threw rocks through a glass door and windows at the county Republican headquarters in Hazel Dell last week.