Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Festivals and events
Fri September 2, 2011
... but does Bumbershoot have jazz? Yes!
What to do this weekend … well if you are anywhere near Seattle, it’ll be tough to stay out of earshot of Bumbershoot.
But, let’s say you want to hear jazz at the mega-music-arts fest. Is there any there? Yes, but only on Sunday.
“This year, jazz is showcased on one day during the festival in a new venue for Bumbershoot attendees, EMP’s Level 3. Not a bad spot for jazz, especially considering Seattle’s unpredictable summer weather; Level 3 also hosted events during last year’s Earshot Jazz Festival,” wrote Danielle Bias.
Here’s the list for performers on Sunday:
- Noon: Gail Pettis Quartet
- 1:30 pm: Wayne Horvitz “Cafe Paloma Band”
- 3 pm: Thomas Marriott’s Human Spirit
Check out The Seattle Jazz Scene blog for the story on these groups.