Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon January 7, 2013
Do free speech rights include the right to carry a backpack?
A case involving protesters, U.S. Army Stryker vehicles and backpacks, that’s right backpacks, is being heard in a federal courtroom in Tacoma. The civil rights trial comes nearly six years after the actual protests took place at the Port of Tacoma.
(Click on the listen button to hear the complete story.)
The "no backpack" directive can be heard on this video from the March 2007 protests at the Port of Tacoma.