Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Mon January 7, 2013
Do free speech rights include the right to carry a backpack?
A case involving protesters, U.S. Army Stryker vehicles and backpacks, that’s right backpacks, is being heard in a federal courtroom in Tacoma. The civil rights trial comes nearly six years after the actual protests took place at the Port of Tacoma.
(Click on the listen button to hear the complete story.)
The "no backpack" directive can be heard on this video from the March 2007 protests at the Port of Tacoma.