Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Mon January 7, 2013
Do free speech rights include the right to carry a backpack?
A case involving protesters, U.S. Army Stryker vehicles and backpacks, that’s right backpacks, is being heard in a federal courtroom in Tacoma. The civil rights trial comes nearly six years after the actual protests took place at the Port of Tacoma.
(Click on the listen button to hear the complete story.)
The "no backpack" directive can be heard on this video from the March 2007 protests at the Port of Tacoma.