Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
Mon January 7, 2013
Do free speech rights include the right to carry a backpack?
A case involving protesters, U.S. Army Stryker vehicles and backpacks, that’s right backpacks, is being heard in a federal courtroom in Tacoma. The civil rights trial comes nearly six years after the actual protests took place at the Port of Tacoma.
(Click on the listen button to hear the complete story.)
The "no backpack" directive can be heard on this video from the March 2007 protests at the Port of Tacoma.