Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun February 24, 2013
Dmitri Matheny Valentine's Day concert on Jazz Northwest on February 24
Flugelhorn player Dmitri Matheny was in Seattle for a Valentine's Day concert at The Seattle Art Museum. The concert was recorded for Jazz Northwest and this week's episode will showcase some of the highlights.
Dmitri Matheny was a student of the late Art Farmer, one of the most highly regarded musicians to play the instrument. Joined by a former Seattle resident, Nick Manson on piano, with Chris Higgins, bass and Robert Rushing, drums, the quartet played a mix of standards, ballads and originals for an appreciative crowd.
The Art of Jazz Series is presented by Earshot Jazz on the second Thursday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. The next concert in the free series will feature flutist Bernie Jacobs Quartet on March 14. Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and airs Sundays at 2 PM. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.
For more information: