Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Tue April 15, 2014
Did You See It? If Not, Here's The 'Blood Moon'
Originally published on Tue April 15, 2014 6:34 am
There were "whistles, cheers and howls" early Tuesday on the grounds of the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles as the moon turned red during a total lunar eclipse.
As the Los Angeles Times adds, "Telescopes dotting the lawn pointed upward and southward, as the moon hovered above the observatory" and visitors who had packed the grassy lawn "scrambled toward the front of Griffith Observatory, pointing up at the reddening moon."
The view was great across much of the Americas, though clouds interfered in parts of the eastern U.S.
Reminder: If you didn't go out to see this eclipse or if clouds got in your way, there are three more coming in the next year and a half: on Oct. 8; April 4, 2015; and Sept. 28, 2015.