Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
News & Music Contributors
Mon January 14, 2013
Did you know Washington sells juvenile records to background check companies?
If you apply for a job, chances are good your potential employer will do a criminal background check on you. In Washington, that means even something you did as a juvenile could be held against you. Washington is one of a handful of states that sells juvenile court records to background check companies.
(Click Listen button to hear the story.)