Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Seattle Terror plot
Fri June 24, 2011
Detention hearings set for Seattle terror suspects
Two men allegedly planning to attack a military recruiting station in Seattle have detention hearings set for Wednesday.
The two men – one from Seattle and one from Los Angeles – appeared in federal court yesterday to hear the charges filed against them. Their court-appointed lawyers declined to comment.
The two are charged with conspiracy to murder officers and employees of the United States, conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction, and possession of firearms in furtherance of crimes of violence. One is also charged with two counts of illegal possession of firearms.
If convicted, the suspects could be sentenced to life in prison.