Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Curtis Stigers: Creating new jazz standards from contemporary
Curtis Stigers is a singer, songwriter, saxophonist who loves the great Tin Pan Alley songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter, but finds a greater creative challenge in doing jazz versions of songs by more contemporary songwriters.
In this studio session with jazz host, Abe Beeson, Curtis puts a jazz twist to songs by David Poe and Richard Thompson. He ends the session with one of his own compositions, a tribute to his late mentor, jazz pianist Gene Harris.