Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Sat October 6, 2012
Curtis Stigers: Creating new jazz standards from contemporary
Curtis Stigers is a singer, songwriter, saxophonist who loves the great Tin Pan Alley songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter, but finds a greater creative challenge in doing jazz versions of songs by more contemporary songwriters.
In this studio session with jazz host, Abe Beeson, Curtis puts a jazz twist to songs by David Poe and Richard Thompson. He ends the session with one of his own compositions, a tribute to his late mentor, jazz pianist Gene Harris.