Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Peter Sagal Explains Difference Between Seattle Runners And Chicago Runners
- 'Wait Wait' Host Peter Sagal Talks Comedy, News And What It's Like To Run In Seattle
- A Court Decision Says Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Are Illegal in Washington State
- New Generation Of Undocumented Students Starts College Under Wash. 'Dream Act'
- Listen To Seattle Man Blow A Shofar Inside A Two-Million Gallon Water Tank
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Sat October 6, 2012
Curtis Stigers: Creating new jazz standards from contemporary
Curtis Stigers is a singer, songwriter, saxophonist who loves the great Tin Pan Alley songs of George Gershwin and Cole Porter, but finds a greater creative challenge in doing jazz versions of songs by more contemporary songwriters.
In this studio session with jazz host, Abe Beeson, Curtis puts a jazz twist to songs by David Poe and Richard Thompson. He ends the session with one of his own compositions, a tribute to his late mentor, jazz pianist Gene Harris.