Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Cowlitz Humane Society overrun with 'illegally large' snakes
LONGVIEW, Wash. — The Cowlitz County Humane Society seized two big boa constrictors on Monday and seven more large boas and pythons on Tuesday from homes in Longview.
Supervisor Mike Nicholson says he has so many big snakes some may have to be killed if he can't find a licensed person to care for them.
Nicholson told The Daily News the snakes are a public safety risk and violate a Longview ordinance that requires owners to register snakes that can grow up to 10 feet or longer.