Cookies, Including What Nancy Leson Calls The 'Best Shortbread Evah!'
I never liked Cookie Monster. As long as he was in the world that meant fewer cookies for me. So now here comes Nancy Leson telling wild tales of a BYOCookies party-turned wedding and raving over what she claims is the "Best shortbread evah!"
Here's the recipe.
Susan’s Simple “Secret” Shortbread Cookies
(Makes about 6 dozen)
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 cups cornstarch, sifted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 pound salted butter, softened
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a very large bowl.
3. Using your hands, gently combine the butter with the dry ingredients until the mixture is well-blended into a soft ball.
4. With your fingers, pinch off little bits of dough and roll into a ball (about 3/4-inch in diameter) then gently press down the ball with a floured fork.
5. Bake on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (or on a silicone mat) for approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Do not over-bake! The cookies should not be brown at the edges. Let cool completely.
Note: You may also put these through a cookie press and/or decorate with sprinkles. These freeze well.
And for those unsatisfied with mere cookies, here's a recipe for that chocolate, caramel, marshmallow, whiskey and bacon — yes, bacon! — bark recipe I mentioned in the audio.
"I don't get sent anything strange like underwear. I get sent cookies."
-- Jennifer Aniston