Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Tue July 10, 2012
The Cookers: Bebop supergroup
If we were to make a list of all the recording and composing credits of the members of The Cookers, it would go on for many pages.
This is an amazing collection of jazz musicians—Billy Hart (drums), Cecil McBee (bass), Eddie Henderson (trumpet), David Weiss (trumpet), Billy Harper (sax) and George Cables (piano).
Individually, they’ve been at the core of the post-bop jazz scene for decades. As a group, they’ve been thrilling audiences around the world for the past 5 years.
On a recent swing through Seattle, they set up shop in the KPLU performance studio and tried to blow the walls out of the place with 3 original compositions, Capr Black, Peace Maker and Croquet Ballet.
No question: these guys live up to their name.