Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Tue July 10, 2012
The Cookers: Bebop supergroup
If we were to make a list of all the recording and composing credits of the members of The Cookers, it would go on for many pages.
This is an amazing collection of jazz musicians—Billy Hart (drums), Cecil McBee (bass), Eddie Henderson (trumpet), David Weiss (trumpet), Billy Harper (sax) and George Cables (piano).
Individually, they’ve been at the core of the post-bop jazz scene for decades. As a group, they’ve been thrilling audiences around the world for the past 5 years.
On a recent swing through Seattle, they set up shop in the KPLU performance studio and tried to blow the walls out of the place with 3 original compositions, Capr Black, Peace Maker and Croquet Ballet.
No question: these guys live up to their name.