Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
520 floating bridge
Fri June 28, 2013
Construction vessel may have harmed 520 floating bridge
A construction vessel working on a new Highway 520 floating bridge on Lake Washington at Seattle may be responsible damaging an anchor cable on the existing bridge.
The Transportation Department says the area around the bridge is restricted, except for construction vessels.
The damage was discovered Tuesday and divers are working on repairs expected to cost $200,000.
The department is trying to identify the vessel responsible for the damage.