Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Sun April 21, 2013
Chuck Deardorf - Dave Peterson Group on Jazz Northwest
A Seattle all-star group played this month's Art of Jazz concert at The Seattle Art Museum. Co-led by Chuck Deardorf on bass and Dave Peterson on guitar, the group also includes Rich Cole on tenor sax, Bill Anschell, piano, and John Bishop on drums. Highlights from the concert aired on Jazz Northwest, 88.5 KPLU on Sunday, April 20 at 2 PM PDT.
The program includes five original compositions by members of the quintet including "That's The Deal" chosen as the theme for the radio program Selected Shorts on Public Radio International. The Deardorf-Peterson Group has recorded for Origin Records and all five musicians are represented on multiple CDs. The Art of Jazz Concerts are presented by The Seattle Art Museum and Earshot Jazz with support of KPLU on the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 PM and are free and open to the public. The next concert will feature the Dutch saxophonist Tineke Postma on May 9.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and airs each Sunday at 2 PM Pacific. The program is also available as a podcast following the broadcast.
For more information see: