Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu December 16, 2010
Cheez-its and other life necessiites
Who knew there was even a Cheez-it category, but that's where the Record Bin Roulette wheel landed this week. John Maynard and John Kessler explore the depths of obscure vinyl at their fingertips and dig up the songs that were popular when icons of modern life came to be.
(Click the audio 'play' arrow above to listen to this week's Record Bin Roulette)
Find out what was spinning when the Hula Hoop was all the rage, liposuction, and the TV remote control. That's only the beginning.
Record Bin Roulette has surprising twists and turns as Maynard and Kessler explore the funny way #1 songs and the advent of life's necessities (like Cheez-its) came to be.