Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Thu January 17, 2013
CenturyLink Field disarms off-duty cops at games
Century Link field is telling off-duty police officers attending Seahawks games and other events at the Seattle stadium to leave their guns at home.
The management says Century Link Field is safe because of an abundance of uniformed officers at events.
KOMO reports the new policy isn't sitting well with officers.
Police say many officers work in units that require them to be armed at all times. KOMO also reported the other concern for off-duty police is that they're recognizable and could be vulnerable during games, never knowing when they might see someone they've arrested.