Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Thu January 17, 2013
CenturyLink Field disarms off-duty cops at games
Century Link field is telling off-duty police officers attending Seahawks games and other events at the Seattle stadium to leave their guns at home.
The management says Century Link Field is safe because of an abundance of uniformed officers at events.
KOMO reports the new policy isn't sitting well with officers.
Police say many officers work in units that require them to be armed at all times. KOMO also reported the other concern for off-duty police is that they're recognizable and could be vulnerable during games, never knowing when they might see someone they've arrested.