Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
CenturyLink Field disarms off-duty cops at games
Century Link field is telling off-duty police officers attending Seahawks games and other events at the Seattle stadium to leave their guns at home.
The management says Century Link Field is safe because of an abundance of uniformed officers at events.
KOMO reports the new policy isn't sitting well with officers.
Police say many officers work in units that require them to be armed at all times. KOMO also reported the other concern for off-duty police is that they're recognizable and could be vulnerable during games, never knowing when they might see someone they've arrested.