Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue June 4, 2013
Census: Redmond has highest commuter population boost in U.S.
During the business day, the city of Redmond, Wash. sees the nation’s biggest spike in population, according U.S. Census data.
The Seattle Times revealed that commuters increase Redmond’s population by 111.4 percent—the biggest increase seen in cities with a population of 50,000 or greater. The city has a population of 55,150.
Redmond is home to several large companies, including Microsoft and Nintendo. AT&T Wireless also has an office in the Eastside city.