Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed January 23, 2013
Celebrating a super Seattle sushi chef
Daisuke Nakazawa was featured in the sushi documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Nancy expressed surprise that I'd never eaten sushi before last Sunday. It wasn't really any big deal. We were leaving the Tacoma Pal Do World supermarket with a car full of Asian cooking supplies and she'd picked up a container of the little rice rolls to eat on the way home.
She offered me one. I asked "Is there raw fish in it?" She said no. I ate it. It was good. Maybe I'll try it again. Or maybe I'll try to make my own sushi.