Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Celebrating a super Seattle sushi chef
Daisuke Nakazawa was featured in the sushi documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Nancy expressed surprise that I'd never eaten sushi before last Sunday. It wasn't really any big deal. We were leaving the Tacoma Pal Do World supermarket with a car full of Asian cooking supplies and she'd picked up a container of the little rice rolls to eat on the way home.
She offered me one. I asked "Is there raw fish in it?" She said no. I ate it. It was good. Maybe I'll try it again. Or maybe I'll try to make my own sushi.