Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed January 23, 2013
Celebrating a super Seattle sushi chef
Daisuke Nakazawa was featured in the sushi documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Nancy expressed surprise that I'd never eaten sushi before last Sunday. It wasn't really any big deal. We were leaving the Tacoma Pal Do World supermarket with a car full of Asian cooking supplies and she'd picked up a container of the little rice rolls to eat on the way home.
She offered me one. I asked "Is there raw fish in it?" She said no. I ate it. It was good. Maybe I'll try it again. Or maybe I'll try to make my own sushi.