Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Wed October 24, 2012
Catherine Russell: Keeping the family tradition alive
Vocalist, Catherine Russell was raised in a musical family. Her father, Luis, was Louis Armstrong’s band-leader and her mother, Carline Ray, was a member of the International Sweethearts Of Rhythm.
After years of apprenticeship as a back-up singer with artists including Paul Simon, Steely Dan and David Bowie, Catherine has finally stepped into the spotlight as a compelling jazz and blues singer.
As you’ll hear in this performance interview with jazz host, Abe Beeson, she’s here to stay.