Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Wed October 24, 2012
Catherine Russell: Keeping the family tradition alive
Vocalist, Catherine Russell was raised in a musical family. Her father, Luis, was Louis Armstrong’s band-leader and her mother, Carline Ray, was a member of the International Sweethearts Of Rhythm.
After years of apprenticeship as a back-up singer with artists including Paul Simon, Steely Dan and David Bowie, Catherine has finally stepped into the spotlight as a compelling jazz and blues singer.
As you’ll hear in this performance interview with jazz host, Abe Beeson, she’s here to stay.