Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Election 2012, Governor’s race
Mon February 6, 2012
Candidate for Gov. Inslee releases economic plan for Washington
SPOKANE, Wash. — Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee has released an economic development plan that focuses on six key industries.
Inslee told a news conference in Spokane on Monday that his plan focuses on aerospace, life sciences, the military, agriculture, information technology and clean energy.
Inslee says Washington needs to train workers for these industries, and his plan would pay for that in part by closing unproductive state tax loopholes and seeking savings on state health care costs.
Inslee, a congressman from the Puget Sound region, is seeking to replace Democratic governor Chris Gregoire.
On the Web: