Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Election 2012, Governor’s race
Mon February 6, 2012
Candidate for Gov. Inslee releases economic plan for Washington
SPOKANE, Wash. — Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee has released an economic development plan that focuses on six key industries.
Inslee told a news conference in Spokane on Monday that his plan focuses on aerospace, life sciences, the military, agriculture, information technology and clean energy.
Inslee says Washington needs to train workers for these industries, and his plan would pay for that in part by closing unproductive state tax loopholes and seeking savings on state health care costs.
Inslee, a congressman from the Puget Sound region, is seeking to replace Democratic governor Chris Gregoire.
On the Web: