Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sun September 29, 2013
Bria Skonberg Jazz Port Townsend Concert on Jazz Northwest
Bria Skonberg plays trumpet and sings as she leads an all-star sextet in concert at Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend on Jazz Northwest on 88.5 KPLU on Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013 at 2 p.m. PDT.
Born in Chilliwack, British Columbia, she studied at Capilano University in North Vancouver before moving to New York. She has been endorsed by veteran musicians and is active on the New York scene as well as an international touring star while still in her 20s.
She returned to the Pacific Northwest last summer to teach at the Jazz Workshop and perform on the mainstage at McCurdy Pavilion at Fort Worden. Joining Bria Skonberg in this concert are Wycliffe Gordon, trombone, Dan Balmer, guitar, Randy Halberstadt, piano, Rodney Whittaker, bass and Matt Wilson, drums.
Bria Skonberg is playing at the Vancouver Dixiefest this weekend, with additional performances in Vancouver and Victoria next week as well as a Happy Hour performance at the Royal Room in Seattle (5 p.m. Oct .4) and Eastside Stomp in Kirkland (9 p.m. Oct.4) before continuing her West Coast tour.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program airs at 2 PM Sundays and is also streamed live to the internet and available as a podcast after the broadcast at kplu.org.