Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
News & Music Contributors
Wed April 4, 2012
Boy in Bremerton school shooting: 'I'm sorry'
A 9-year-old boy who accidentally shot and seriously wounded a classmate in a Bremerton elementary school has written a letter apologizing to the little girl.
The letter written on ruled schoolbook paper says: "I'm sorry I hurt you because I brought a gun to school.... I wish everyone was okay."
The letter was part of the boy's sentencing when he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges stemming from the Feb. 22 shooting. His classmate, Amina Kocer-Bowman, was released from a hospital Tuesday. She nearly died after a.45-caliber handgun in the boy's backpack went off when he dropped his backpack on a desk.
The Kitsap County prosecutor has charged his mother and her boyfriend with felony assault, saying they negligently allowed the boy access to the gun. They have pleaded not guilty.