Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 2, 2012
Boeing engineers union rejects contract offer
Boeing's union of engineers and technical workers has rejected the aerospace giant's first contract offer in ballots tallied Monday night.
Union leaders for the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace, or SPEEA, had recommended that the union's 23,000 members reject Boeing's four-year contract offer.
No strike is imminent.
The union said in a statement that the two sides would resume negotiations Tuesday.