Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Boeing employment in Washington highest since 1999
Boeing's payroll in Washington has risen to more than 82,000 workers.
That's up nearly 9,000 jobs since the end of 2010, and the highest Boeing employment in the state since 1999.
The News Tribune reports the company has more than regained the jobs Boeing cut after the 9-11 attacks. Companywide, Boeing employed nearly 172,000 workers at the end of February.
Boeing union contract