Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue March 13, 2012
Boeing employment in Washington highest since 1999
Boeing's payroll in Washington has risen to more than 82,000 workers.
That's up nearly 9,000 jobs since the end of 2010, and the highest Boeing employment in the state since 1999.
The News Tribune reports the company has more than regained the jobs Boeing cut after the 9-11 attacks. Companywide, Boeing employed nearly 172,000 workers at the end of February.
Boeing union contract