Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Fri March 2, 2012
Boeing employees celebrate 1,000th 777
EVERETT, Wash. — Boeing employees celebrated a milestone in the 777 line on Friday, the 1,000th plane.
"When you produce 1,000 airplanes you're doing something right time after time after time," Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Jim Albaugh told program workers, suppliers, customers and government officials beside the 1,000th airplane in Boeing's Everett wide-body plant Friday
The jet will be delivered to Dubai-based Emirates airlines later this month. Emirates is the 777 program's largest customer with 102 planes in its fleet.
The 777 a twin-engine, long range jet.