Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Boeing employees celebrate 1,000th 777
EVERETT, Wash. — Boeing employees celebrated a milestone in the 777 line on Friday, the 1,000th plane.
"When you produce 1,000 airplanes you're doing something right time after time after time," Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Jim Albaugh told program workers, suppliers, customers and government officials beside the 1,000th airplane in Boeing's Everett wide-body plant Friday
The jet will be delivered to Dubai-based Emirates airlines later this month. Emirates is the 777 program's largest customer with 102 planes in its fleet.
The 777 a twin-engine, long range jet.