Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Fri March 2, 2012
Boeing employees celebrate 1,000th 777
EVERETT, Wash. — Boeing employees celebrated a milestone in the 777 line on Friday, the 1,000th plane.
"When you produce 1,000 airplanes you're doing something right time after time after time," Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Jim Albaugh told program workers, suppliers, customers and government officials beside the 1,000th airplane in Boeing's Everett wide-body plant Friday
The jet will be delivered to Dubai-based Emirates airlines later this month. Emirates is the 777 program's largest customer with 102 planes in its fleet.
The 777 a twin-engine, long range jet.