Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Wed March 23, 2011
Boeing Company hiring 100 people a week
Here's some good news in a down economy. Michelle Dunlop writes in The Herald of Everett that Boeing is hiring 100 people a week and has been doing it for the past several months.
To keep up with increasing demand for aircraft, Boeing plans to boost production rates across its plan programs in the Puget Sound region. Boeing and other aerospace companies have added 2,500 jobs in Snohomish County alone during the past year, acccording to the state Employment Security Department.
According to The Herald story, job applicants are a step ahead if they complete an 11-week certificate program at the Washington Aerospace Training and Research Center in Everett.
A Boeing spokesman tells The Herald if someone goes through the program and passes, they are guaranteed an interview.