Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Bill Gates says he was nervous addressing G20
Talking to the BBC about global health and poverty, Bill Gates also discussed the issue of the Greek crisis overwhelming the G20 talks and how nervous he was because of the opportunity to move the agenda of nations.
“These leaders all do care. They all want a legacy of having helped improve not just their own country but the world at large. And really making it concrete for them that by backing new vaccines by keeping their aid level high that they could make a huge difference
“I felt that I had that chance and so I wanted to do the best I could .. I have to admit I was a bit nervous
BBC Interviewer: “Really? A man like you nervous? I find that hard to believe."
“It doesn’t happen very often but it was such a unique chance to say that despite all these short term problems that they need to keep in mind the needs of the poorest ...”