Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Sun September 2, 2012
Bellingham vocalist Cheryl Jewell: Coming home to jazz
Bellingham jazz singer, Cheryl Jewell, was raised in Oak Harbor, Washington. When she went to college in Bellingham, she fell in love with that city. She left only to pursue her singing career in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles.
After working for several years as a rock and country singer, Cheryl decided to move back to Bellingham and pursue her first musical love—jazz. With the release of her first jazz CD, My Blue Heaven, Cheryl has placed herself on the top shelf of West Coast jazz singers.
In this studio session, hosted by KPLU/Jazz24 Music Director, Nick Francis, Cheryl performs 3 of the songs from her debut CD and talks about her music journey from Bellingham to … Bellingham.