Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Sun September 2, 2012
Bellingham vocalist Cheryl Jewell: Coming home to jazz
Bellingham jazz singer, Cheryl Jewell, was raised in Oak Harbor, Washington. When she went to college in Bellingham, she fell in love with that city. She left only to pursue her singing career in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles.
After working for several years as a rock and country singer, Cheryl decided to move back to Bellingham and pursue her first musical love—jazz. With the release of her first jazz CD, My Blue Heaven, Cheryl has placed herself on the top shelf of West Coast jazz singers.
In this studio session, hosted by KPLU/Jazz24 Music Director, Nick Francis, Cheryl performs 3 of the songs from her debut CD and talks about her music journey from Bellingham to … Bellingham.