Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 27, 2011
Bellingham police: Man severed own arm with guillotine
BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Bellingham police say a man who walked into a medical clinic with his right arm severed has indicated he cut his own limb off with a home-made guillotine.
Officers who checked a wooded area near the urology clinic Thursday found the severed arm and the guillotine in a transient camp. The victim and the arm were taken first to St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham.
Police spokesman Mark Young says the man was later airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in hopes the limb could be reattached. Young tells The Bellingham Herald the arm was severed above the elbow.
The victim was not identified and his condition was not immediately known.
Young says police will dismantle the guillotine.