Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 19, 2012
Bellevue chief apologizes to Seattle police
Bellevue police have apologized to a Seattle police officer for three off-duty Bellevue cops who harassed an officer who asked them not to litter outside CenturyLink Field before Sunday's Seahawks game.
Bellevue police confirmed Tuesday they are conducting an internal investigation of the incident. The Seattle Times reports it happened as the off-duty officers were walking toward the stadium and a Seattle officer on duty at an intersection asked them to pick up a discarded item, reportedly a beer cup.
Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel says the group berated the officer and called her names. At least two identified themselves as Bellevue officers.
Bellevue Police Chief Linda Pillo says she ordered an internal investigation and personally called the Seattle officer to apologize.
Catch a Killer
Seattle police department