Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Music and Festivals
Thu June 23, 2011
B.C.’s biggest and most acclaimed music festival
"If this isn't the best jazz festival in the world, please send us tickets to a better one."
~Paul de Barros, The Seattle Times
Vancouver's signature festival and British Columbia's biggest music showcase will animate the city for ten days, June 24 - July 3.
From noon to the wee small hours, a rich tapestry of jazz, blues, funk, Latin, fusion, electronica and world music will fill the air at venues big and small, indoor and outdoor across the city.
By taking the music to concert halls, parks, community spaces, clubs, public plazas and neighborhood streets, the Jazz Festival electrifies Vancouver with over 400 concerts and stirs the souls of more than 500,000 people each year.
The festival will feature more than 1800 musicians from Canada and around the world performing at over 40 venues citywide.
There will be approximately 150 free concerts including Gastown Jazz on opening weekend (June 24-25), Canada Day on Granville Island, and the Jazz at the Roundhouse & David Lam Park free concert extravaganza on closing weekend (July 2-3).